Easy Vegan Sticky Cinnamon Buns
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 packets rapid rise yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp almond milk
1. Pour warm almond milk into a large bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar and 2 1/2 packs of yeast. Mix and let sit for about 15 minutes.
2. Add vegan butter, salt, 1/4 cup sugar and flour and mix until it forms a soft and slightly sticky dough. Add more flour if you want firmer buns.
3. On a floured surface roll out dough into large rectangle then spread the dough with melted coconut oil.
4. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and sugar in small bowl, and spend it onto the dough. Spread the mixture evenly with a spoon.
5. Roll the dough up into one long log then slice off rolls about 1″ wide.
6. Place rolls onto greased 9×9 baking pan, cover it up and let them sit for 20 minutes to fluff up.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees until rolls are golden brown.
8. While rolls are baking prepare frosting by mixing together the powdered sugar and almond milk.
9. Once the buns are done baking drizzle with frosting.
Makes about 6 cinnamon buns.
Recipe inspired by www.thechicisnatural.com